Friday, March 25, 2011

Momma's Visit

My mom came to visit last week.  I was very excited to see her, and she was very excited to see Navia.  That's how it goes now.  Anyways, we had such a great time.  It was relaxing, but we did a lot of stuff.  I love it when life works out that way.  We took a mini road-trip to Plimoth Plantation, went antiquing, ate some delicious clam chowda' and to-die-for cupcakes, and took walks and lots of pictures.  I had a great time and wish it didn't have to end so quickly, but am also excited to get back to normal for a couple weeks before my family comes out again in April!  I'm so blessed to have a family that puts family first.  I never thought that was how they worked.  I knew we all loved each other, but we are all so independent so what a person decides to do impacts the family, but it doesn't shift everyone else's life around (unless it is a drastic life change).  But now, I see my family does put family as a priority, and it makes me feel loved.  I'm a quality time person, which I've mentioned before, so I love spending time with people I love because it makes me feel more loved.  Even if all we are doing is watching "American Pickers".  My new fav, by the way.
On the topic of "American Pickers", I want to be a picker.  I think I was born for that kind of work, minus my terrible allergies that seems to get in the way of everything fun.  I often make fun of myself and say I'm a hoarder, but a picker is more accurate.  I love going into stores, looking at everything and finding a good deal.  I'm pretty cheap.  I like old stuff.  It just fits me.
I had a wonderful time with my mom.  Here are some pictures from the week...







Tell me she is not her daddy's girl

2 comments:

  1. i love american pickes.
    i love antique stores.
    i love cupcakes.
    i love clam chowder.
    and babies. i love babies.
    i'm starting to wonder why you didn't take me on this trip.

    jk - but i would love to go antiquing/thrifting sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm. i swear your daughter has grown so much since the last time i saw her, not cool! she is the cutest thing ever.
    i'm glad you had a great time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete